Meet Our Doctors
Our doctors are highly regarded hip and knee specialists, delivering exceptional care to patients, from our orthopaedic clinics in Bankstown and Leichhardt. We’re all passionate orthopaedic surgeons who provide the latest treatments for knee and hip problems.
Please discuss with Dr Rahme and your GP :
- Any medications you are taking to see which ones you should stop taking before surgery.
- If you are taking aspirin or anti-inflammatory medications or warfarin or any drugs that increase the risk of bleeding.
- Options for preparing for potential blood replacement, including donating your own blood, medical interventions and other treatments, prior to surgery
- If you are overweight, ask about ways to lose weight before surgery which will help decrease the stress you place on your new joint. This should be considered well in advance of the treatment day.
- How to eat a well-balanced diet, supplemented by a daily multivitamin with iron.
- If you smoke, you should stop or cut down to reduce your surgery risks and improve your recovery.
- If you have any tooth, gum, bladder or bowel problems get these treated before surgery to help reduce the risk of infection later.
- Any infections. Surgery cannot be performed until all infections have cleared up.