- Medicare card
- Private Health fund card (if any)
- Operation records, medical records, x-rays, MRIs, CT scans etc from prior doctor visits
- Progress letter from physical therapist (if applicable)
- Age Pension card (if any)
- List of current medications
If it has been determined by Dr Rahme that you require surgery, you will be given an admission form to your choice of hospital at the time of your consultation. Dr Rahme and his administration staff will guide you in the correct way to fill out the forms to be admitted on the public waiting list, or be booked in for a private operation.
A number of highly trained staff make up the team involved in your operation. This includes Dr Rahme, the surgeon, Dr Michael the anaesthetist as well as a group of skilled nursing and assistant staff.
The anaesthetist is a doctor trained in the specialty of anaesthesia.
• administers drugs to temporarily render you unconscious or sedate you to ensure you remain relaxed, comfortable and pain free for the surgeon to perform his task.
• remains with you throughout your operation monitoring your breathing and vital organs to ensure you remain suitably sedated and successfully recover from the anaesthesia.
• uses a combination of drugs and techniques to minimise your pain after surgery